Monday, April 14, 2014

MTV Movie Awards - Fashion Winners . . . My Top Four

Balmain Pre-Fall 2014

Shailene Woodley, MTV Movie Awards 2014
The super-talented Shailene Woodley rocked the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards Sunday night in a leather outfit by Balmain, showing off a bit of midriff and garnering lots of love from her Twitter fans as a candidate for best dressed.  

Woodley also wore Jimmy Choo's that went great with her powerful outfit.  Woodley changed the outfit up a bit from how it was shown on the runway, and I think it was a good decision.  The photo on the right is the runway look.  What do you think?

Lupita Nyong'o also went high fashion, choosing to wear a 
Lupita Nyong'o in Chanel RTW 2014
colorful, high fashion dress from Chanel's Fall RTW 2014 line. In the picture on the left, you can see Lupita Nyong'o wearing the dress at MTV Movie Awards event on top, and the runway model's pictures from the Chanel Runway Show on the bottom.  If you ask me, Lupita wore it best!  

Nyong'o's Makeup "Disco-Style"
The lovely Nyong'o still had on her signature "Nairobi Blue," as you can see in the shoes she chose to wear (which are actually a gorgeous Azure blue by Casadei).  Large, dazzling and colorful sequins on the shoulders make this dress a Chanel masterpiece.  Nyong'o wore simple jewelry and beautiful "Disco-Style" makeup (see closeup on the right) that made this outfit a shoe-in for a top spot on the best dressed list, and my personal favorite.  

Jimmy Choo "Lance" Sandal in Silver
Disney Channel Starlet Bella Thorne blew my mind in a spectacular little icy blue Versace dress with rosette detailing and asymmetrical sleeves.  The young actress wore Jimmy Choo "Lance" sandals (right) in silver, and kept her makeup sweet and simple.  Her hair was down and loose, and she looked great.    
Bella Thorne, in Versace, MTV Movie Awards 2014

What I really loved about the dress was draping on the front and how it played with the rosettes and asymmetric sleeves to create an unusual but playful look.  The dress was a sophisticated, yet still fun choice for Thorne.  She looked wonderful and the whole ensemble photographed well.  This puts her on my best dressed list. 

Zendaya Coleman in Ungaro
Last, but not least, another young actress - one who surprised me with her choice and continues to grow as a fashion inspiration for women both young and old everywhere.  Zendaya Coleman, formerly of "Shake it Up" on Disney and now an actress and singer, was on the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards and she looked incredible in a floral Ungaro dress, carrying a Swarovski bag.  

Zendaya w/ Swarovski bag, rings, & flawless makeup
Zendaya topped off the look with Christian Louboutin shoes and some stunning jewelry by Jacob & Co., Dionea Orcini and John Hardy.   How could she go wrong with this combination?  I would love to own this dress, and it great for a younger demographic, as well.  

Runway Model - Ungaro RTW 2014 Show
I never would have guessed from Ungaro's RTW Runway 2014 show that this dress would have looked so good!  Don't get me wrong, he put on a great show (I watched it online a couple of times) - but the picture at the right is the picture of this dress as it came down the runway at his show.  Let me know if you think Zendaya wore it better.  I sure do!  

Please follow me if you LOVE fashion, fashion in the movies, movie review and more!  Follow me on Twitter at @FilmFashionista, and if you want to receive email updates, just email me at TheFilmFashionista@gmail.com with the subject line "Add Me" and I will add you to my mailing list.  Comments are welcomed, and I would love to hear who you thought were the best and worst dressed of the MTV Movie Awards.
 
Film Fashionista 


Photo credits: Getty Images & MTV.com
Accessory information credits: JustJared.com, Glamour.com & JimmyChoo.com
Runway Show Pictures and Designer credits: Vogue.com and WWD.com
 






No comments: